Monday, April 13, 2009

Bottles



I like color, I like it a lot. I have prisms in my windows, bottles in my windows, and witches balls in my windows. Anything to have color. In the afternoon when the sun comes around to the west side of the house these little beauties light up beautifully. I have a uv film on my window so it looks a bit hazy but I assure you when the sun hits them the color is brilliant nonetheless. Unfortunately by the time the sun got to the other side of the house we had lost it behind heavy clouds. Drats! I waited all day to get a 'sun-through-the -bottles' photo. Maybe next time.


3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I LOVE THE COLORED BOTTLES, THE LAVENDAR ONE IS PRETTY AND COBALT BLUE HAS ALWAYS BEEN ONE OF MY FAVORITES.

NanC said...

Do you remember the neighbors on the curve by the miner's cabin? I can't remember their name. He use to have bottles sitting outside and the sun would change their color to lavender if the chemical compound in the glass was right. They were beautiful.

Jan said...

eI love the colored bottles too! I have always thought the cobolts the prettiest.
I can't think of that neighbors name-that's going to bug me today1