Thursday, February 25, 2010

Winter Wonderland. . .

Sunday 21 February we had another 8" of snow.  We had hoped the snow was over but alas it was not.  I took these photos on Monday the 22nd.  It was a cold-overcast skies-kind of a day but it was beautiful nonetheless.
This snow was wet and heavy so by mid morning on Monday, which was pretty windy, it began falling from trees.  On Tuesday we had very cold temps so what snow was  on the trees looked like diamonds when the sun hit the branches.   I love sparklies!!
I'm not much of a photographer, I don't know how to capture what I 'see' because I don't understand the mechanics of the camera. (I'm the least mechanical person I know) Anyway, I hope you enjoy these photos.
I think you can click to enlarge.  The 1st photo is deer on pond ice the 2nd is one of the deer in the brush.



1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

I love these pictures. I know it is cold and the snow melts and makes a mess,but for me these pictures and the moments you are taking the pictures are the most peaceful, beautiful moments to me.
Good job mom.
Love you