Saturday, September 5, 2009

Addiction. . . And Then Some

If you should see this game at your local Walmart or a gaming store RUN, I repeat RUN, RUN FAST in the opposite direction! My daughter Jan got me hooked, yes, as in addicted, to this little ditty. When I came home from Arizona I couldn't find it. I finally found it on E-Bay and Jan got it for me. Oh to the Wizards of Games I wished she hadn't of. But alas, my tale of woe began.
You see, there are several images like the one above and the object is to find all the objects listed along with 5 jewels. What you don't know until you accidentally click on one is there are hidden items, only one per image, in SOME of the images as well. When you click on one of these images up pops this. . .

Look closely because you only see this image when you haphazardly find one of the items. Make notes when it pops up so you can remember what you need to fill in the circles. You are the ULTIMATE MOUNTAINEER when you find all the items.
WARNING: This game is addicting and could cause you to lose sleep, lose weight, become bleery-eyed and grouchy. My dishes have been left unwashed, my bed unmade, my hair in the same pony tail I went to bed with, I'm still sitting in my bathrobe at 11 in the morning at the computer dazed and shaking.
Jan and I have spent great sums of time on the phone looking for an item and taking notes. What has happened to us?? Is there no salvation?
What? My Sweet Man says, "shut it off and walk away."
Yes yes, I know he's right but let me just find the white rabbit and then I'll I'll I'll turn it off.
I swear. . . . .

3 comments:

Jan said...

I can see you in a room sitting in a circle of people who seem curious but supportive of your presence there. The spokeswoman for the group turns to you and says, "Nancy what brings you here today?" You then look around connecting your eyes to each persons eyes in the circle before speaking, and then you say,
"hello, my name is Nancy' which in turn the whole group resoonds in unison, "hello nancy" then you continue on saying, "I'm addicted to Mt Everest! I know! I know! I just can't help myself!!"
Then you know who the host turns to next don't you? ME!!

It is a fun game though :)

Cheyenne said...

I was just going to say you need to go to online gaming anonymous and the I look over and read Jan's comment---looks like you both need to join. Now I on the other hand, if I had the game would show amazing self control!
I would be able to get up and walk away.
I would be able to do my chores and be dressed before noon.
.......
"Hello, my name is Cheyenne....

NanC said...

Yes! Yes! I can blame it on my second daughter SHE got me started and #1 daughter did I hear you mention self control? BAH HUMBUG, your bum would be plastered to the chair, eyes glued to the monitor and fingers twitiching on the mouse.
Hello Jan...Hello Cheyenne