Sunday, August 23, 2009

Reading...

How do you like to read? Sitting up, laying down, outside or in, at the table, on the sofa or curled up in a chair?
Do you like large print or regular, paperback or hardback? Do you read silently or outloud, with natural light or by lamp? Do you read with an accent or without, if you read with an accent do all the characters have a different voice or do all characters sound the same? Large tomes, medium or small. Which genre do you prefer? Do you save the last page for last or do you read it first?
These are my preferences...sitting up, laying down, outside and in, at the table on the sofa or curled up in a chair, large print, regular, paperback and hard, out loud, any light, with an accent (if it needs one), each character with their own voice. I especially like an Irish accent or one from the South and South of the Border is pretty fun. Large, medium and small bring it on, I like history, mystery, biography, fiction, non-fiction, scriptures, cereal boxes, cottage cheese containers, and liquid soap bottles. I always read the last page first, if I don't like it I don't read the book.
I guess you have figured me out...I love to read and will read just about anything. For the past few years I've been collecting books from my childhood and rereading them with great delight. A few of my favorites are Mr. Bear-Squash-You-All-Flat, The Churkendoose, The Pedlar of Colored Threads, The Boy Who Wanted To Be A Fish, and Granny's Birds. I love the illustrations, the colors are fabulous.
My philosophy is save a horse, read a book....
Have a lovely evening wherever in the world you are and read a couple of pages tonight before you go to sleep.

5 comments:

Lesa said...

Nan, my phone is disconnected till next month so if you need to talk to me email or go to my blog I check both several times a day

Cheyenne said...

Reading is one of my favorite past times. I sure do a lot more of it than I used to. Sometimes it makes me feel guilty!
Dustin and Austin have read several books this summer. Dusty was showing me the stack in his room and it is a about a foot tall!

Cheyenne said...

Hello Mom,
I want to come visit you. I need to take it easy and I was just posting Lanette that I could use a few days of watching some movies to give myself sometime to take it easy!

Lanette said...

books I love them I am still looking for the book of a little who wanted to live like her pet rabbit. as for reading I like to sit up.

Cheyenne said...

Love the look of your blog mom...
xoxoxoxo