Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Good Read

Have you read it...
Or watched it?
I don't remember when The Secret Life of Bees was published but it was several years ago. I read it when it was brand new. I reread it this past year and fell in love with it all over again. I hesitated to see the movie because most of the time the movie never lives up to the book. Well, I finally did watch it and loved all the characters. It does deviate from the book some but with time restraints it's understandable, that's why I sometimes will not ruin a good read by watching the screen version.
If you read it or watched it did you like it?


4 comments:

Lesa said...

Nan, I have not read or watched it yet but I would love to, ( read first then watch) I to think the movie is disapointing Darn it don't this thing have spell check LOL

NanC said...

Hey Lesa,
It does have spellcheck, I think it's the little check mark thingy. I think you will like the book and movie but, do read the book first because that's the author's version.

Jan said...

I have to say I bought the book at goodwill for a buck 50 and its one of my absolute favorites, so much wisdom those colored ladies had :)

I bought the movie, and the first time through, I kept comparing it to the book, I was disapointed a bit, but now that I've watched it a few times I think it turned out okay.

Cheyenne said...

I watched the movie first at Jans and I really liked it. I thought they did a great job...I was a little worried because Jan and you had read the book and had a different idea of the characters in your mind, but I liked them...I do agree they could have done a little better with Jennifer Hudson's character and the young man that she likes. I loved the book. Jan let me bring it home to read. I passed it on to Kaitlyn to read.