Friday, May 15, 2009

Thanks Jan

This is my granddaughter Morgan, the whizbang jewel finder, and me playing Hidden Expedition Everest. They got me hooked (and I do mean hooked as in addicted) on this pc game while I was home visiting.
I've been looking for it all over since I got back to the Heartland and no one had it. By chance I stopped into a way-out-game store and voila they had 1. The problem was I needed a small bank loan to purchase it. Finally I went on ebay and found all kinds of them but I had closed my pay pal account some time ago from lack of use. I knew my son-in-law had an account so I asked Jan to have him get me one and then I'd send them the $$. Look what came in the mail for Mother's Day. No check required. I called her last night and put the phone up to the speaker and asked her if she recognized the sound in the background. She laughed at me as if she has room to laugh cuz she's all excited and tells me, "Mom, I've got a new place for games and off we went....
THANK YOU JAN AND FAMILY!!
My itch has been scratched.



2 comments:

Jan said...

Isn't that the funnest game!!! I just posted on my blog last night the book of treasures. It's the same book that you and I started and I finished after you left.
I have noticed since Morgan has played with me, her vocabulary has increased a bit. I read her the objects to be found and she finds them, and now she reconized them around the house or out and about!

NanC said...

That's so cool about Miss Morgan.
I'm so hooked on that game. I found the whole book from Sunday afternoon till Monday evening. I also came in first. Somebody give me a blue ribbon and a diet-de-caf coca cola! YE HAW
Thanks again for getting it for me. The one person I emailed about using a money order instead of pay pal wouldn't do it so I thought I was in limbo forever!