Friday, May 15, 2009

Dark Dreary Days and Pretty Lights

It's a day for pretty lights and lots of them. I have three Christmas trees in my house that are never put away. (One never knows when a twinkly light might be required) Today is another one of those days. We've had so much rain and dreary weather in the Heartland this year. It cheers me up to see the lights sparkle and shine. Below is reason for the lights today.I was listening to the AG report yesterday at noon and the announcer said only 10% of the corn has been planted so far. Many of the fields are still so mucky the farmers can't get into them to work. That probably means more soybean fields this year and HIGHER prices for any product relying upon corn for a source. Hang onto your pocketbooks and start using your coupons it's going to be a costly summer and fall.


1 comment:

Jan said...

Ouch, I don't like the sound of that! I'm already cutting enough corners!!
I do love your twinklie lights, very pretty!