Friday, May 15, 2009

My Other Addiction

I've been looking for a doll to put in my trunk for Morgan and here she is. The doll has porcelain hands and face. Her body is stuffed cloth. I washed her dress, stockings, and bloomers. I spiffed up her shoes and tidied up her hair. I just have to get some ribbon the color of her dress and she's done. Well, I did think about making a bonnet or fancing up a straw one. My partner in crime, Lanette, and I were at the junque store and there she was for, watch out don't faint, $1.00. I thought I read the tag wrong but no my eyes had not failed me. Sorry for the poor photo. I've been looking for an umbrella stand for some time and here it is. Got two for the price of one so I have one in the vestibule and one in the back hallway. I love umbrellas, or bumbershoots as my mother use to call them. My big spend of the week--$3.75.

Some more of my addiction...a doll from Stone Mountain Georgia (according to a faint inscription on her apron), wrought iron cup holder, birdhouse, black candy can with roses and a 1cup measure with green handle, and the doily I put through the handle so you could see it. All for under $2.00. I don't know what I would do if I had an addiction for expensive items....Although diet-caffine-free coke is beginning to drain my pockets. Smile...

5 comments:

Cheyenne said...

very cute...is that a holly hobbieon the mug facing us? the little doll is a treasure.

Cheyenne said...

ok I have to comment again because I was starting at the bottom and working my way and did not realize these "addictions" were all one post. That is the porcelain doll you were talking about. She is darling. Where did you get the barrel she is standing next to?
I love the vestibule! The umbrella basket is perfect! I like how you change things up to give it a new look.

Jan said...

Oh, how thoughtful of you, Miss Morgan will love that doll one day :) She is very pretty!
I love your umbrella's!! I have always wanted antique umbrella's by my door, one day I will have to work on that project.
I reconized the plant in the basket by the barrel, how long have you had that? I remember I had a few the same style when I was first married.
I hope you're having a lovely day, I love and miss you!

Jan said...

I failed to mention your last picture, the black candy can with roses is very pretty. I'm always amazed at the price of your finds, I could never buy that here for the price you get.

NanC said...

Cheyenne,
The barrel came from the curb a few years back. The bottom side is missing but it works. I guess I could have Dave cut a new one for me if I decide I need it. Do you remember the BIG crock that was my Dad's and had French written on the side? D made me a lid for that and I was going to use it for a trash receptable but found it didn't work in the space I needed it.
Yep, same old stuff just moved around....
Jan,
Liked the doll the moment I spotted her. She has a very sweet countenance about her and her clothes are in pristeen condition.
You're right the plant is from back home and old. They still work in a not bright area. SMILE
The candy tin is only about 2" high and I don't know what I'll use it for at present but something will come to me. Love and miss you too sweetheart.
Love and miss you too.