Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Jan Ericka

Jan Ericka was born on a Tuesday the 9th of May at 8:47 a.m. My only baby to be born in broad daylight. Your dad took me to the hospital about 4 or 5 in the morning and I labored on a gurney till we headed for the delivery room. That gurney was horrible, I couldn't turn over without fear of falling off. Labor wasn't too difficult, it's the delivery I'm not good at. I sure was glad when it was over. You had to be turned as did all my babies except for Brandee, and extracted with forceps. (Sounds like pulling a tooth, doesn't it...) You had a few scratch marks on your head but otherwise you were beautiful!
Grandma French came for your birth, she was the first to bathe you. You liked to suck on her chin when you were fussy and it was too soon to nurse you.
You were named Jan Ericka after your dad James Eric because you were suppose to be my last baby. (Little did we know, eh?)
The photo above was taken the day you were blessed. I don't remember the date but you have your blessing certificate so you can check. Grandpa Tieman stood in the circle with your dad and other priesthood holders for your blessing. You were blessed at the Crismon Road chapel. I made your dress, slip and bonnet.
You were a pretty baby with red hair. You've grown up to be a beautiful woman who always wants to change that beautiful red hair and that's ok cuz it makes life interesting.
A little tidbit about your dad...as soon as he got home he would pick you up from your crib, carrier or wherever you were, even if you were asleep, and go about with you.
You didn't get to be a baby very long because 15 months later Brandee arrived. You were already potty trained and weened. You were such an easy baby to take care of. You even got your nights down pat pretty quick.
You've turned out to be a good woman and a fine daughter Jan, I'm proud of you. You take your job as a wife & mother seriously and I'm grateful for that. It's one less thing I have to worry about. I know you will always be okay.
I'm so thankful Heavenly Father has allowed me to be your earthly mother. I've learned a lot from you over the years. I admire you for all that you are and will yet become.
I wouldn't have missed being your mom for all the pretties in the world.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN
I LOVE YOU, Mom

3 comments:

Jan said...

How very thoughtful, thank you Mom! Love the stories, those never get old :)
Grant and Linda were just here, we are proud owners of house number 5! Never thought I would move so much.
I love and miss you, thank you again for thinking of me :)

Cheyenne said...

Well, that made me just a little weepy!

Lanette said...

Happy birthday, wait until you hit forty ouch.just kidding