Monday, May 11, 2009

Dishtowel curtains

My daughter Cheyenne sent me a goodie box for my birthday and these dishtowels were part of that parcel. There is one more polka dot towel as well. As I look at this photo I see I need to adjust the center curtain.
Unfortunately my window looks south onto my neighbor's back porch and yard. I have a blind on the window but have never had curtains. I was looking out the window one day and thinking how I hate looking at their messy yard and porch so the idea came to me about those dishtowels and voila the width was perfect so I folded them over and stitched at the corners. They looked cute but something was missing so I folded a doily over each one and I liked it. I'm going to live with it for a while and see how I like them in a month or so. What do you think?
P. S. After I posted this I looked at the photos and in the bottom photo to the extreme left you can barely see two glass apothecary jars. There was a 40% off sale Mother's Day sale at Alco so I got them. Anyway I was trying to find a way to photograph them to show y'all, I thought I had them out of the way but apparently didn't. I'll do a better photo but I need to find something and someway to hang it behind them so they show up...anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

4 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I think the dishtowels are bute. I would like to see them with a 1/2 inch ruffle at the top and a tiny gather. I should see if they have any more. I will look if they have any turqoise but I think there was only green and that buttery yellow wasn't there?
I can't see the jars very well, send another.
The kitchen looks cute.

Lanette said...

I love your kitchen, its one of a kind.sitting at your table this morning I was thinking you don"t have enough pink. looks great.

NanC said...

I've already changed them. I'll do a photo and post later.

Jan said...

Love the curtains, very cute! The doiles add so much to them :)