Monday, May 11, 2009

Wanted:

The Peddler of Colored Threads
Winifred Shattuck
Saalfield Publishers
1946
Girls, I'm looking for this book.
The front and back covers are cardboard with comb binding.
The 1962 version is paper with staples. I don't want this one but will settle if I can't find the other.
It's the story of a chinese peddler who sells colored threads but wants to sail a boat. There's also a delightful dragon in the story.
If you see it in your travels and it's not over $5.00 and in decent condition get it for me.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Never heard of this one, but will be on the lookout. Is it one from your childhood?

NanC said...

Yes, I didn't have it when it was first published but before 1962!. There are a couple on rubylane but they want way too much. It will turn up just like Mr. Bear-Squash-You-All Flat did and that book cost me $.25. That was a fluke if there ever was one.