Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cemetery Art

I love to visit cemeteries. . .not just for genealogy but for the art as well.
These tombstones are definitely works of art. I love the shape, the color, the skill it took to accomplish the finished product. There are lots of OLD cemeteries in our neck of the woods and I wanted to share a few photos of some of the stones.

Imagine the work that went into the stone just behind the forefront one. Isn't that amazing work I hope you're able to click on these and enlarge them to see the detail.
This last one happens to be a relative by marriage.




2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I love cemetaries that have character too. I would really love to go to some of the ones over in London have you ever looked some of those up?

NanC said...

I've seen photos but I'd like to see the real thing. How about us girls going over in a few years after all the kiddies are up? You know, before I hit the walker stage.