Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's Saturday

It's dark, dreary, windy and rainy here in the Heartland today. My Sweet Man is still on the road...day #12. He drops his load in PA. on Monday and hopefully he will be heading west. He was in ME on Friday morning, NJ in the afternoon and PA on Friday night. It's amazing how many miles he covers in a day. I have a hard time driving to the market. I think it's a mindset thingy.

I couldn't stay in the house today so after my morning phone calls I did my chores and headed out the door. I went to the library and checked out the Beatrix Potter series from the children's section, 3 CD's, and a picture book about a prominent Midwest river. When I get done with this I'm going to make a pot of soup, shower, get my jammies on, warm up my rice bags, snuggle into my quillow and read all afternoon. Tomorrow is church and I like to get myself prepared mentally and spiritually for the feast I'll receive ahead of time. Do you do that? It makes the Sabbath so much sweeter for me.

I hope you're having a lovely day wherever in the world you are.

2 comments:

Jan said...

It's good you keep so busy while your sweetman is away-it helps the mind not to idle to long.
I'm watching your temps-VERY COLD. We were a high of 55 degrees today, everyone here wore jackets.
I love the "feast" on sunday too, I don't know that I go as prepared as I should, for my season is CHILDREN, but the season will soon be easier and THEN I can do Sundays the way I want to Sundays! :)

NanC said...

Ah my sweet lass, it does get easier as time goes by.