Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cards

I've received many cards over the years and some I've enjoyed so much I framed them or kept them on my magnet board which is an old meat tray from a market.
The photo of the boy and girl kissing is from my Sweet Man. It reminds me so much of him.
My friend of 43 years gives me the neatest cards. The two girls above and the girl and her dog on the dock below are just a few. I have packets of cards tied with ribbon in an old suitcase and every once in a while I sit on the attic room steps, open them up and reminisce. I have cards that my children sent to my parents with pennies still attached inside. I love rummaging through the packets and seeing my mother's, father's or sister's handwriting. They've all been gone for such a long time it feels good to have that physical connection if only for a few moments.The colors in this card are so soft and soothing. I love the camaraderie of the girl and her dog.
I know these cards mean nothing to you who look at this blog but they are so sweet to me I wanted to share....


2 comments:

Jan said...

You and I are alike in this manner. I will on a sunday open up my cedar chest and go through my things just to be close to what was. I love that the kids gather around and ask about the cards, letters and items in the box, it makes it even more special. It connects them to me and my previous life before them. They seem to enjoy it.
I think it's important to keep in touch with the past, as long as we're not living in it.
Great post mom-love ya!

NanC said...

Luv u 2!!