Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Tree

This is our Christmas tree. It is a hodge podge of 'junque' and occupies the northwest corner of the parlor. I put this tree up ten years ago and never took it down. It didn't start out looking like this it has 'evolved' through the years. The train that is around the base was given to my Sweet Man by my bosom buddy and her then hubby. The nativity sitting on the bottom shelf of the table is never taken down either. It reminds me daily of why I'm on earth. I don't know if you can see the gold dress on a tiny dress form by the bottom left of the tree but my youngest-red-headed daughter gave that to me several years ago. I had no where to put it so by the tree it went. Close to the top of the tree on the left is a gold box with a bird's nest in it. Don't let anyone ever tell you that Mickey D's french fry boxes are not good for something other than fries.
I have the lights on in all seasons. I love sitting in the parlor on a summer's evening with the lights twinkling and the lace curtains blowing softly in the breeze. It makes me feel good.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Okay I started making comments from the bottom up so you'll have to go down a few a read.
I love your parlor-very pretty. I love that idea that your tree started out with things from your home and your heart, then it evolved into friends and loved ones contributing to its beauty-LOVE THAT!!
I hope your having a good day.
Are you shutting down your other blog???? I thought the other was your main blog-so I had been checking that one before this one because of the time or lack of. I will hop on here from now on.
LOVE YOU MISS YOU- I gotta go-Porter is smelling ROSIE :(

Cindy said...

I love your tree it is beautiful. I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I hope all is well with Dave.

Cindy

Cheyenne said...

If I had room I would leave a tree up all year round. I love the sparkling lights at night or early morning when the house is dark. It is so peaceful.
I have seen mom's tree firsthand, and it is gorgeous. It makes the parlor room so inviting.