Monday, March 8, 2010

A Longtime Friend...

This is my friend Dusty (aka Rogean).  Isn't she just a little doll face?  We look like Mutt and Jeff together. We met during the summer of 1965.  Her future husband Skip and my husband were childhood friends. We were at my in laws house where my hsb was working on a car when Skip drove up with this girl in the car.  After they were married we went around together along with several other couples for several years until I moved out west.  We would get together at each others homes, b-b-q, play with the kids and then put them to bed (in playpens we hauled all over creation) and then the adults (we were still kids ourselves) played cards and board games.
I had my first baby in April, Dusty had her only child in May.  The four of us had been playing cards and the guys went for pizza when her labor increased. I kept telling her to hang on until the guys got back, which thankfully they did.
 This is one of her toys...Is that bright or what?  In person you almost need sunglasses to look at it.  She loves it and anything else that is BRIGHT!!

 
I wish this photo did better justice to this mixer, it is brighter yet than the photo shows.

3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Dusty is a funny lady. I enjoy visiting with her, even if it is just a phone call when I am home.
I can still hear her saying, "Shannan" in that voice of hers.

NanC said...

I didn't think she was funny when she phoned me up at 7:02 this morning. She wanted to know if I was awake yet. She still calls you Shannan. Think I might get a great granddaughter named Shannan some day?

Jan said...

I don't think I've met Dusty but maybe briefly. I'm glad you have her. You've been friends a long time.
That mixer is BRIGHT!