Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Empty Nesters & a Shamrock Cake

 
Last night was  our Empty Nesters Family Home Evening group.  I made my casserole and went over and to my surprise Peggy came in with this birthday cake for moi!  Actually they're cupcakes and as you can see the other half of the shamrock pair is gone.  It was delicious! Peggy said there were no candles because the fire department couldn't put out that much fire.  She's a character! I took this photo when I got home as I had no camera with me.  I was so tickled they thought of me.
Our group consists of 2 senior missionaries (hsb & wife) , 2 Elders (male junior missionaries), and the  rest of us which usually consists of 5.  We are a happy group of about 9.
We have a potluck every Monday evening at 7, fellowship,  and at present we're working on Family History.  Our FH leader was under the weather last night so we had a history quiz supplemented by Hershey miniatures.  We did  pretty well, I'm uncertain if it was because we're really smart or we were really inspired by the chocolate.! 


I received this yesterday by post from my Canadian daughter for my birthday which is the 3rd.
My daughters and I love anything Jane Austen or English.  I have the original Cranford and was tickled to receive this one.  I had mentioned to Cheyenne only recently that the Return to Cranford was on our local PBS station, I had no idea it was even out and voila here it is.  The girls have sent me several movies over the years and I've watched them many times over and enjoyed them anew with each viewing.  Thank you!

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I am glad that Peggy thought of you and that it was a surprise. As for the mvoie, I was sure hoping you had not scouted it out yet!

NanC said...

I hadn't even thought about looking for it since I had just missed it on PBS. I thought it was brand new. But you know your mama, I'm so far behind the times, I just got my first cell phone a few months ago!!