Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Working Trains


Ever see a train yard? It's an interesting place. There are more train cars than you can count. I'm standing on the overpass shooting west in this photo. I didn't cross the bridge to shoot the other side of the yard because of parking and traffic but it is just as full as this side but with more engines.
I wanted to stand up on the railing to be able to see the train cars further back but Dave wouldn't let me...spoilsport!
Anyway, I thought the boys might enjoy this photo since they use to chase trains in Emmett.


5 comments:

Jan said...

The boys aren't home to vies these at the moment, but I will sure show them later.
Do they still run trains??? I see so very few here anymore. I miss them. Some of our funniest memories are chasing those trains in Emmett, up above the dam!
Thank you for the post mom :)
Love ya!

Lanette said...

Your pics turned out great. saturday was alot of fun, just hanging out and not driving so I could enjoy the sights thanks again for the fun day. hugs.

Cheyenne said...

WE HAVE A FRIEND WHO DRIVES TRAINS. HE GOES INTO BC AND UP INTO CALGARY, ALL OVER SOUTHERN ALBERTA. HE GOES OVER THE HIGH LEVEL BRIDGE IN LETHBRIDGE THAT WE SHOWED YOU.
RIGHT NOW IN OUR TRAIN YARD THEY HAVE FLAT CARS WITH THOSE HUGE WINDMILL BLADES ON THEM. IT TAKES 1 1/2 CARS TO MOVE ONE BLADE.

Lesa said...

Nancy I know what bridge you are taking the pics from as I too hace crossed it many many time going to B Carlsons when my Ex worked for them and Rich loves trains so we have taking "train trips " to see the Yard :) fun fun

Lesa said...

WOW I just read my post to ya LOL I don't even drink and I sound like a drunk that can't spell LOL LOL you know what i was trying to say right :)