Saturday, August 22, 2009

M-M-M Homemade Salsa

I love the way salsa looks all chopped up and colorful, don't you? It tasted even better than it looked too. Chips are store bought cuz I didn't have any corn tortillas. Now that would've been the ultimate with the salsa, eh?
A pepper from my garden. The cup is for comparison, I didn't grow it. Haha!
After I took the photo I put it on the stove and roasted it. The kitchen smelled soooo good.
We have a potluck tomorrow after church and I made beans and franks with cut up bacon, green pepper, & chopped onions. I cook the franks in a skillet to make them outdoorsy and then slice thin. To the beans I add a bit of brown sugar, maple syrup and a scoch of smoke-flavored BBQ sauce, put it altogether and voila....something good!
I guess I should have taken a photo of the beans but alas it is too late I took them over to church so I didn't have to carry them tomorrow with my bag which weighs a ton.
Have a good evening wherever in the world you are.


3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I want some salsa!
I want some beans too!

Lesa said...

Cheyenne,I eat your share for you and mmmmmmmm it was GOOD LOL

NanC said...

and soapillas....