Friday, July 17, 2009

Goodies

I wanted to share a few things I've picked up the last few weeks. The baby quilt on the back of the loveseat cost $1.05. It had dark stains all over it and I decided I could spend a $1.05 to see if the stains would come out. Most of them did and the darkest one lightened up to a pale tan. it was worth it, it's hand pieced and hand quilted.
After our town-wide-yard sale anything that isn't wanted is set out to the curb. This is where the sugar bowl and gravy boat came from. They'll make nice planters.

Hurricane lamp for candles $1.00 and a plastic coated wire basket .25.

Wood and wire birdcage with finials, $2.00.
Don't you love junquing?
I got a few other things but I need batteries for my camera so will post them later.




5 comments:

Jan said...

We don't have that kind of junkin' here. You find really good finds there!
I went to Goodwill today and found two Eddie Bower shirts in great condition, they were asking 8.99 for them, because it was 50% off day, I got them for a whopping 4.49! I think I should have paid3.00 for those things, but that's what they go for here.
Love all your finds, fun, fun, fun!

Cheyenne said...

Now I see what you mean by the birdcage that is unique. It will look nice.
The baby quilt is pretty. Did you have any stitching come undone when you washed it? I think sometimes the hand ones are sewn better because they used a little bit wider seam allowance and a better stitch. Plus I think the thread was stronger back then, would you agree?

NanC said...

Jan,
You need to vary your spots and try some yard sales too. Do you have many there this time of year?

Cheyenne,
The cage is unique isn't it?
I washed the quilt in a mesh bag and rinsed it twice as it was folded up and no I didn't have to restitch any of it. I'm uncertain if the thread is cotton or poly/cotton but it's sewn pretty nicely. I was so surprised how well the stains came out or lightened up. I guess for a $1.05 I could afford to test the waters, eh?

NanC said...

Jan,
I forgot to say what a great bargain the Eddie Bauers were. Even at $8.99!! But to get them 1/2 price that's smokin'!!

Cheyenne said...

Hey you snazzed up your blog too! I like it!