Thursday, April 9, 2009

Love . . .

I love my family with all my heart. My husband is a prince and my children & grandchildren are jewels. But alas, I must admit there is something that ranks right up there with the prince and the jewels . . .

Mmm hmm, that's what I'm talkin' bout . . . cake!
You heard me . . . C-A-K-E




I love cake. I have been known to eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I'm just daring that way, it doesn't matter a tittle what time of the day or night it is, I love cake.

I don't know if I have a favorite or if it's whatever kind is on the end of my fork at the moment. I eat all kinds, colors, shapes and textures. I like it hot, cold, plain, or frosted. I love it with no filling, cream filling, or fruit filling. I like it square, oblong, round, and bundt. I like it single layer, double layer or in a trifle. I like it with milk and I like it without. I like it just baked or two days old. (Don't snicker it does last two days . . . sometimes.) I just love cake.

The delightful morsel that is pictured is a boxed dark chocolate fudge. I bake it as directed on the box. A couple of minutes before the cake is done I mix up 2 c. milk, a pkg. of instant chocolate fudge pudding and a 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon mint extract. Mint can be strong so TASTE. Don't let the pudding set up. As soon as the cake comes out of the oven poke holes in the top of the cake and pour the slightly thickened pudding over the cake. It will not hold all the pudding. Put the rest of the pudding in the fridge and eat later or suck it up with a straw, don't turn your nose up to this possibility, it's good. Chill cake about two hours.

When thoroughly chilled and you can't stand the pain of waiting any longer cut a nice square, slice down the middle and spread with cool whip or whipped cream or canned whipped cream (the first squirt goes directly into your mouth as a taste test) then spread the same on top. It's essential to eat it on a pretty plate with a pretty napkin.

My dears you will feel like a princess or prince as the case may be. Cake is the food of the gods and since we are all children of our Heavenly Father and He is Deity that would include us.

Do try a square or two of cake this week and see if your disposition doesn't improve and your outlook becomes sunnier and don't forget the pretty plate and napkin.

So long family and friends, have a lovely evening wherever in the world you are.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Wow, never thought of cake like that. I'm trying the recipe out tomorrow. The way you described that cake, it all sounds so good :)
I love you, hope your day is bright!!

Cheyenne said...

Love it! I was thinking yesterday how a choclate cake with one of those beautiful big buttercream roses sounded good. I also love a heavy carrot cake with cream cheese icing...ummmm...oh sorry, just daydreaming!

NanC said...

And what about that Kentucky Butter Cake I made when y'all were at home? That cake didn't need another thing added to it but a glass of cold milk. Rich, moist, buttery, m-m-m-m.

Cheyenne said...

MY BOYS LOVE THE KENTUCKY BUTTER CAKE, ESPECIALLY THE CRYSTAL GLAZE WHEN IT HARDENS