Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Out to Lunch Bunch

6 of us 'girls' met at Burger King for lunch as I mentioned in an earlier post. We ate and visited for sometime. It was quite nice to be together and get to know each other in a different light. We then went to church. Two of the sisters worked on their own personal pieced/quilted wall hangings. Another sister showed up at church as we were starting so we five, Peggy, Anita, Sue, Vickie and myself, tied a fleece blanket and put together a crib quilt. We had the youngest sister with the best eyes do the sewing around the edges, we did it envelope style, and then pinned it. Peg took it home to stitch the top seam and we will tie it next time we get together.

Our sister Sue gave us some ideas for some new service projects today. She has recently graduated from nursing school and has access to some places that would prosper with assistance from time to time. She has graciously offered to make us a list.

It's so exciting when we work together and share the talents we have. I do have to admit my patriarchal blessing says I have many 'latent' talents. As you know, in the context that it is used in my blessing, the word latent means hidden and let me tell you folks...that is the truth! Mine are so hidden I don't know that I'll ever find them. However, I am blessed to be acquainted with sisters from church that have so many talents , there is nothing they cannot do.

Anyway, I had a fun day and I hope those who participated did too. I hope you had a great day and the sun was shining in your part of the world. We had a skiff of snow when we woke up this morning and I think our high was suppose to be 34. It's been flat gray skies all day and gloomy. Tomorrow is a brand new day so we'll hope for sunny skies and fair winds.

Good night to one and all wherever in the world you are.

No comments: