Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Close Call

A week ago today, early in the morning, I received a telephone call from Sweet Man's boss. He told me Sweet Man had had a heart attack and was on the way to the hospital, he didn't know where. The boss gave me the destination of the drop so I got on the PC and looked up the town he would have gone through to make the drop. I found it and talked with a nurse in the ER who informed me there was a male heart attack on the way. ETA, approximately 2 minutes, she called me back in 5. Sweet Man was air-lifed into Madison, WI. He survived the heart attack with no residual effects, at least non manifested as of yet. The cardiologist placed a stent in a coronary artery and he is doing well.

I drove up to Madison to be with him and brought him home the third day. We know it was through the intervention of our Heavenly Father and the skills He gave to those who worked on him that he is here today. Everybody was in the right place at the right time and to me that is not a coincidence.

We don't know when he will be going back to work. He sees the local cardiologist tomorrow, hopefully we will know more then. Please keep us in your prayers. Our names aren't important, Heavenly Father knows who we are. Thank you so much, we appreciate it.

I will include the next two questions for our Life History Project:

15. What is your favorite food and why?
16. If you have a spouse what do you love about him/her?

2 comments:

Alicia C. Ferree said...

Please know we have prayed for Sweet Man and yourself. May God bless and keep you both in His loving care.

NanC said...

Thank you so much Alicia, we certainly appreciate it.