Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's Sunday

It's Sunday afternoon and my good husband is 'on the road again'. I didnt' feel well and stayed home from Church today. I don't like doing that as it leaves me feeling like I haven't gotten my bucket full for the week.

Sundays are always quiet at our house. If I have to teach Gospel Doctrine the following week I always read my lesson and the scriptures that go with it on Sunday afternoon also my Relief Society lesson. I'm tickled that I only have to teach RS every other month and Gospel Doctrine every other week. I think my teaching partner, we alternate weeks, is going to keep her position. She's a sweet sister whom I admire very much. Peggy and her husband Gervase have lived over 30 years with MS and have had quite a go of it lately. Gervase passed away a few weeks back, he was a kind -sweet spirit just like his good wife. He will be sorely missed.

The one thing I wish I had on Sunday was family around to do family dinners with. You know, come home from church take off the pantyhose, put on the slippers and an apron and get dinner on the table. Afterward, sit around, talk, debate, just enjoy one anothers company. If I keep this up I'll have tears running down my cheeks so I'll move on to another topic.

It's a beautiful day in the Heartland, sunny, windy, cool, the trees are an array of magnificent colors, a beautiful blue sky with mare's tail clouds. What a wonderful day to be alive, even if I'm feeling a bit ragged. As I sit at the PC the sun is steaming in the window warming the side of my face and filling me with Vitamin D and good thoughts. I love the light....

Speaking of light, if you look at the header on this blog you can see that the background needs to be brightened. I took the shades off of two lamps to brighten the room and the blinds were open behind the lace curtains but as you can see still not quite enough light. What can I do to brighten the photo? I have Photo Impression 3 but something must be missing because I cannot save anything after editing. Help Me Please.....

2 comments:

Jan said...

Finally have a moment to sit down. I have been mopping, dusting, laundry, and dishes today, I'm trying to get ready for Canada.
Anyhow, I would love you home for family dinners on Sunday, wouldn't that be grand!
As for the picture you need a little more reflective light. Bounce incoming light off a wall or window with white poster board or your car window reflector OR bring in more lamp light. It's a cute picture. I like it a lot.
Can't wait to see what you do with this blog. Lots of love. JE

NanC said...

Thanks for the tip on the poster board.
I'm so excited for you re: Canada. I wish I were going too. Give our family a hug and kiss for me. Whip those boys soundly in a game of 'spoons' so they know their auntie is still queen of the table. Love you sweetheart.