Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 2011...

It's cold in the Heartland, snow on the ground BUT we had sunshine today! 
I don't care how cold it gets if the sun shines with the dipping thermometer.  We have days and days and sometimes weeks with no sun, it bums me out.  I can stay in when it's sunny but I have a difficult time staying indoors when it's overcast.  I get really antsy.  Do you?
Can you believe another year has gone by?  I don't know where 2010 went and here we are in 2011!  What's up with that?  I remember my father saying, "the older you get the faster it goes (speaking of time)."  Of course I didn't believe him but I can tell you now, I'm a believer!
Sweet Man is on the road somewhere in the hills of Virginia tonight as I post. 
I'm on my way to the sitting room to watch one of the movies one of my Arizona girls sent us and wrap up in the new quilt throw my Canadian girl made me.
I want to wish any and all who peruse this blog a wonderful and prosperous New Year with lots of happiness and joy thrown in.  

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

So happy to have you back!
We are in the midst of a blizzard and your picture looks a lot like where we are right now!
Kes and Dil went out to the farm to get the skid steer going so they can start plowing out, but it is drifting so bad I am not sure it will do any good!

NanC said...

Sounds cold in the far north. It's snowing as I post. We got about 5" yesterday. It's beautiful and so quiet. Stay warm.