Tuesday, April 20, 2010

So true. . .

How does one live without the guidance of the Holy Ghost and stay on the straight and narrow path? It's beyond me. Speaking for myself, I can't do it alone. I'm the first to admit I need spiritual guidance, I require it, I desire it.

"When we invite the Holy Ghost to fill our minds with light and knowledge, He 'quickens' us, that is to say, enlightens and enlivens the inner man or woman. As a result we notice a measurable difference in our soul. We feel strengthened, filled with peace and joy. We possess spiritual energy and enthusiasm, both of which enhance our natural abilities. We can accomplish more than we otherwise could do on our own. We yearn to become a holier person."

Keith K. Hilbig, "Quench Not the Spirit Which Quickens the Inner Man," Ensign, Nov. 2007, 38

No comments: