Friday, March 26, 2010

A Lamp For Mom...


My folks got a couple of rooms of new furniture in 1965. The style was country/early American. It was comfortable and cozy and colors to suit the era. While trying to decide what to get my mother that year for Christmas I came across this lamp. It cost $59.95 plus tax which was quite a lot of $$ for a lamp in 1965. I knew Mom would like it so I bought it for her. She enjoyed this lamp for nearly 23 years. After she passed it came back to me. I've had it for nearly 22 years and it now sits in my guest room. It's not a very efficient lamp but, of course, that isn't why it was purchased in the first place. This lamp fits in the category of those 'gotta have' pair of shoes that look oh so gooood but just kill your feet. Know what I mean? This little beauty is about 31" from base to top of chimney. PS-the bottom half of the light is a night light. Fits right in with my fetish for night lights.

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

Gotta love it! I think I even used that lamp for awhile. It is very pretty when you turn it on...soft