Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Blue Moon. . .

I was out about town on the 31st of December when I came out of the building and spotted a huge golden orb low is the eastern sky. It was then I remembered it was a 'blue moon' night so I went home to fetch my camera and of course by then it had risen higher in the sky, magically shrunk in size, and grown white but it was still magnificent to see. If you click on the photo you can see a tree on the left. I'm in no way a photographer so I can tell you it was much prettier than how appears in the photo.

5 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I LOVE THE SWIRLIES AROUND NANC'S NEWS IT JUST COMPLETES THE BLOG.
THE SNOWFLAKES FALLING ON YOUR BLOG GO PERFECT WITH THE MOON AND THE BLACK SKY!

NanC said...

Thanks, I thought it looked kind of pretty. I forgot about the snow. I guess it's getting time to remove, eh?
I wish I could have gotten a shot when it first came over the horizon, it was magnificent!

Jan said...

Beautiful MOM!
I love when the full moon comes up and it looks so big like you can reach out and touch it!

Jan said...

I like your quote by Rocky Balboa!

NanC said...

Hey Jan,
Who would've thought a 'punchy' guy would come up with such sage wisdom.