Monday, November 23, 2009

SUNSHINE, SUNSHINE, OH GLORIOUS SUNSHINE!

Yes, yes, you read the title correctly. We have had sunshine for three, count'em 1,2,3 days in a row. Everybody in town has been out and about enjoying the lovely weather. Our weather girl is saying tomorrow morning will probably be the last of it so we better enjoy it. Heavenly Father has given us a peak at glory to get us through the gloomy days ahead. I, for one, surely do thank Him.

All the beans have been harvested in our area but there is still a lot of corn standing in the fields, along with the pumpkins. Many fields are still too mucky for the equipment to get in without bogging down. I'm uncertain why they don't hire men to come in and harvest the pumpkins at least by hand. Oh yes, expect to pay a tidy ransom for a can of pumpkin this year IF you can find any on the shelf. Signs of the times??

What are you doing for Thanksgiving.
Sweet Man and I will have no family for here so we will have a friend over and have a quiet dinner and probably a ride afterward.

A thought . . . .
Thursday when we sit down to dinner with whomever we're with, please let us remember those early pioneers who came here on ships across a vast ocean. What amazing people they were to pave the way for you and I to be here in this great country of ours. My father's people came to this land a long long time ago, I can hardly wait to meet them in the eternities so they can tell me about their great adventures upon landing in North America. I'm eternally grateful to those stalwart people who stayed the course and saw their dreams through. You and I could have had an entirely different life without their fortitude, their desire for something better and their commitment. Let us be thankful to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for all that we have, none of it would be possible without them.

Have a lovely day and a wonderful Thanksgiving wherever in the world you are.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Happy Thanksgiving Mom & Dave! We made it here and are enjoying the warm weather.
I too am thankful for out ancestors and would love to have seen the Americas that they got to see when they landed here...
I am very thankful for family. Especially for parents who taught me how to be respectful, kind, giving, loving and see the beauty in the things around me. I have my love of nature from all the road trips we took and our excursions up washes.
I am especially thankful I was raised in a home that tought me the truth of the gospel!
Thank you mom! I love you lots and I am very tahnkful that I chose you...and let me not forget my wicked stepfather! Thank you for taking care of my mother. Thank you for being so good to us and treating us like your own! Love ya Dave!

Cheyenne said...

Love, love, love the new blog look!