Friday, August 21, 2009

My Baby Girl is 36!

This is my all time favorite photo of Brandee. She looks like a little rag-a-muffin with that fly-a-way red hair. She is so darn cute with that sweet smile and little pug nose.
My water broke with Brandee about 11:45 p.m. Her dad had already left for work which was 59-60 miles away, my mother was there from the Heartland but didn't drive, so I called my mother-in-law Fern and she drove out to take me to the hospital. I called Norm Soto to come give me a blessing, he was so nervous I thought he would faint. When Fern got there we headed back to Mesa. I wanted to go to her house for a while but she said absolutely not we were going to the hospital. By the time we got there it was about 2-3 mins. after 1 on August 21, 1973, Brandee was born at 1:21 a.m. She was by far the easiest birth I had of all my children. There was no place for her to go but out. We went home the next afternoon. Brandee was a good sweet baby and very cuddly. She loved to be held and sung to. Her sister Jan Ericka claimed her for her own although only 15 months older. Those two were inseparable when they were little. Brandee didn't have to talk because Jan talked for her. I believe Brandee talked in full sentences when she finally began to speak, it was kind of shocking.
She was a long legged, long armed, RED HEADED little gal with a sprinkling of freckles across her nose. Her favorite teacher in school was Mrs. Rye, she would do anything for her.
Brandee has had some really tough times in her life and like this photo she has had to learn how to bend so as not to break. She is very tender hearted and sentimental.
Brandee, I want you to know how much I love and miss you, how much your Heavenly Father loves you and wants to bless you and desires the very best for you and longs for your return to His presence along with the rest of your family. Please do all that it takes to make that come to past regardless of what you have to give up. Your mortal probation is but a moment in time but the outcome of your choices while here on earth will resound in the eternities.
Brandee, you are a daughter of Deity, remember that every day and act accordingly. You are so good and have a heart the size of Texas.
This is Brandee and me when I was the tall one, now she is several inches taller than me. She still has the wonderful head of red hair and she still has that big heart. Use it for good Brandee.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET GIRL
I love you to the outer reaches of the universe and beyond!!
Your Mom


2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

What a beautiful birthday tribute! Happy birthday baby sister! Love you lots.
I used to love your little red ringlets and your cute litttle freckles too!

Cindy said...

What a beautiful birthday wish!