Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's 2009!

How can that be? Do you remember the big hoopla when 2000 was approaching and how everything was in an uproar? Would the banks work, would the pc clocks turn over, would prices go beyond the moon? Here we are nearly a decade past it and we're all still living, breathing, and paying taxes.

Why do we get in such a dither I asked myself. We surely shouldn't if we know the Gospel and how it works. We have a prophet to guide and direct us, scriptures to guide and direct us and the Spirit to assure us. What do we have to fear? I think nothing IF we are living the gospel to the very best of our ability and making good choices. Those good choices must be led by pondering, prayer and listening for confirmation or negation of the Holy Ghost. I don't even entertain the thought that I 'know' Heavenly Father's plan for the universe. He's in charge of the big stuff, I'm only in charge of me through His good graces.

That last sentence has had me pondering for days about what I would like to accomplish this coming year. A brand new year with no mistakes in it, a clean slate. In my opinion, and this is the gospel according to Nanc so don't quote it, principle of the gospel is R-E-P-E-N-T-A-N-C-E. We get to wipe our slate clean ALL the time when using this principle correctly and OFTEN. I'm so thankful for my brother and Savior Jesus Christ and how He has made this possible for you and me. I don't exactly understand how it works I just know it does and I'm grateful for it. It would be extremely foolish not to take advantage of this magnificent gift.

With that in mind, my number one goal this year is coming even closer to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ through diligent study of the scriptures, temple attendance, prayer and repentance.

I'm a weak vessel and I'm the first one to admit it. I probably will have days I won't have this goal upper most in my mind and that's ok, I'm human. What I do know for a certainty is there is a new day tomorrow and it is fresh and clean with no mistakes in it and I can begin again. I don't want anyone to think we can continually put off what we should be doing today because eventually our tomorrows will run out here on earth.

I would like to invite you to take this journey with me, to come closer to our Heavenly Father and our brother Jesus Christ, to get to know them personally and feel their love, compassion, and charity for us. I bear testimony to you that if you will do this your life will open like a flower. It will be sweeter, happier and more joyful.

WARNING: If you take this journey it does not mean you will not be tempted, tried or have problems BUT I can assure you that you will be better able to overcome the obstacles in your path and if you endure it well you will be blessed beyond measure.

I wish you a happy, prosperous, and sweet New Year wherever in the world you are

3 comments:

Alicia C. Ferree said...

We are of the same mind. I just posted and used the word "fearful", but I know the people that know me best understand I am not fearful for the future, just for those who will oppose Christ and His plan. I so love your message and hope many, many will read it and make up their own minds to follow Jesus Christ and the message of hope only He can offer.

NanC said...

Thank you Alicia. The world can be a scary place but when you seek guidance from a divine so it becomes less so.

NanC said...

I need to correct some spelling my previous comment. The post should have read:
The world can be a scary place but when you seek guidance from a divine source it becomes less so.