Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Travels of Rudy, Roger and Robert

Do you remember my friends Rudy, Roger and Robert? They live on a shelf in my kitchen and watch me cook and do kitchen chores. This is their friend Harvey whose job it is to mind the chickens and keep them safe. Well, these little fellows heard there was a new kid in town and he's lying in a manger across the world. They heard He was the son of God , a peacemaker, and His calling is to be the Savior of the world. They were pondering this a few days ago and were asking me question after question so I read them the story of the birth of Christ and yep, you guessed it they decided they had to see for themselves.

Their friends had a little bon voyage party for the boys and they were so full of sweet cream cheese and cake crumble they could hardly waddle when it was time to say adios.

Here they are leaving the farm, they said the walk did them good after the bon voyage party. It was quite cold the day they left but they were dressed for the weather and rarin' to go. They call themselves the "Travelin' Trio" Oh, I do wish I could have gone with them. But alas, Sweet Man is home for a few days and I must look after him lest he attempt to do laundry and put the whites in with the reds. Me thinks we'd be wearin' pink undies.

Here is the first photo the guys sent from New York Times Square. They reported The Big Apple is mighty big, mighty loud, and mighty cold. They stayed with their city cousin Alfonso.
The trio asked me to say good night and keep them in your prayers. They will be leaving the country this evening arriving in London tomorrow morning. Be sure to check back for an update of their travels.
Good night from the Heartland too, we hope you are well and happy wherever in the world you are.




1 comment:

Lanette said...

I am looking forward to hearing more of your stories, I will be waiting to see what happens