Monday, December 1, 2008

Pretties On The Tree

I made this little cutey at Enrichment Night and had no where to put her so she now occupies a branch on the tree. Can you spot the Harry Potter glasses? The same little girl who gave me the doll in the blue dress further down left these here after spending the night and when I told her she forgot them she told me, 'Hang'em on your tree." The pink boot is from Avon I think, does anyone know what came in it? There's a lavender glove on the tree somewhere too and it's from Avon.A friend gave me the little yellow jingle bell and another one gave me the horse. The horse is an old celluloid. The boxes to the right were from another friend who thought they would look pretty sitting by the tree.
The little blue doll was given to me by a little girl from church. After she saw the tree she wanted something from her to be on it.
The little Santa on the right is made from a shotgun shell, it was given to me by the daughter of the people who's estate we bought our house from. The tiny Santa in the gold box is an antique Christmas light I found in the trash. Yes folks, it pays to dumpster dive.
The snowman is an old candy container. Some of the handkerchiefs were my Mothers.





4 comments:

Jan said...

You know what you could do with your Christmas tree?? You could create a I SPY BOOK for your grandchildren!! I saw all sorts of fun things to hunt if it were on paper!! YOU TOTALLY should do it. Then you can share the stories of the ornaments on the tree-WHAT A FUN IDEA!!!!

NanC said...

Further explanation on 'I SPY BOOK' please...

Cindy said...

"I spy" is a game that you play, like you look at a certain object, for example, on your tree, I spy something pink with a heel, answer the pink boot. That's what I spy is. Hope I helped.

NanC said...

I'm going to the library and see if I can find an I Spy book.

Thanks Cindy, as I got to thinking about it we use to play something similar to it when I was a girl.