Monday, December 22, 2008

The Ice Cameth and Decided to Stay

A small bush in our library parking lot. I think the red is so striking. I took this today in the early afternoon.
Sweet Man and I took a ride Sunday afternoon (yesterday) and came across these colors a mile out of town. I'm not a photographer and my photos never come out as vivid as the image I see in my eye. I don't know if it's the camera or the shooter, m-m-m, let's see now.
Church was cancelled Sunday as the parking lot was a solid sheet of ice and quite thick.
It was long day but we managed. I finished a book I started Saturday morning.
My chum called a bit ago and said if we needed anything from the market get it by tomorrow afternoon as the weatherperson says we're going to do it again. Not looking forward to that but at least Sweet Man is home. Oh yes, and speaking of Sweet Man, the thermostat on the furnace went out on, of all days, Sunday morning. The ox was in the mire so he had to purchase a new one and fix it. I'm so glad he was here to do it because I would've shut the thing off and let it go till he got home. That would have been fun because on Sunday it didn't rise above zero all day and with the wind blowing like it was I imagine it was several degrees below zero.
I hope you're warmer wherever in the world you are. Have a lovely day.



2 comments:

Jan said...

Beautiful pictures mom. I'm sorry to hear your furnace went out, but happy that dave was there to help fix it :)
Hope all is well, I will call tomorrow. we have been crazy busy.
saturday we had a block party/hayride with caroling, then sunday we of course went to church, yesterday we had our family party, today we're getting together with lee/juliet and tomorrow we have dinner at lee/juliets, then of course thurs is christmas. i will be glad when its done. i am taking a break from cleaning-fesivities are here tonight so i've been cleaning like a mad woman!! very tired, i can't hardy keep my eyes open. anyhow, love you, thinking of you, i'll call to play tomorrow. XOXO tell dave hello for me :)

NanC said...

Whoa, you are the busy bees. Glad to hear you're keeping busy, it beats lounging any day of the week.

Wish we were there to enjoy the excitement with you. Hopefully next year.

Have a lovely day, talk with you on Christmas.
Love you Jan...