Sunday, November 2, 2008

Funeral Week

We had bad news this past week....two members who previously belonged to our branch, passed away within 3 days of each other. They were mother and daughter, the daughter passed first which was a surprise and then the mother. Other members of their family are buried here as were they. Our branch did the first dinner on Wednesday and the second on Friday.

It really touched me to see how everyone came together and made these two dinners happen for the family. The mom and daughter lived about 85 miles from here and were members of a large ward. For the second funeral the RS President sent up food which was really nice, her first counselor also helped out. Both dinners turned out very well with food left over to send home with the family.

I have a great Compassionate Service Leader who takes direction well and knows how to delegate. She makes my job easier and I thank her from the bottom of my heart.

Today is Fast and Testimony meeting. I was spiritually uplifted by all who bore their testimonies. Relief Society was realllllly great. Sister T. taught us about the Second Coming and the Millennium. My spirit was fed for the week with that meeting I'll tell you. We have some amazing sisters in our branch.

I hope y'all survived Halloween and the ghosts and goblins. Won't be long until Thanksgiving and then Christmas. I don't know where the time goes. Remember when everyone was making a big ta-do over the year 2000? Here we are nearly 9 years past it.

Signing off for now, I hope you have a wonderful and productive week.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Very busy and yet very rewarding!

NanC said...

AMEN to that my dear.