Friday, October 24, 2008

Quiet Day

My honey and I went to the big city today to purchase another cabinet for the bathroom remodeling job. We have decided on combining two 30s with a an 18. Because this house is over 100 years old NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING is square. Sweet Man has had to make an adjustment about every 6". Everything looked square before he started but we have found that plaster hides a myriad of imperfections. Maybe we should have re-plastered instead of drywalled. Alas, it is too late, we'll have to ride the horses we saddled so we may as well make the best of the ride. Sweet Man is incredibly patient with the whole thing, yep that's how he rolls.

It's dark, rainy, and chilly here today. I hope it's about over, I don't like dreary. There's corn and soybeans in the fields and this rain isn't helping the farmers. Maybe Mother Nature will cooperate and sun a breeze will prevail so they can get their crops out of the fields.

Many of the trees are in their full glory and look like Cinderella going to the ball. I love the way the Lord gives us one last look of those lovely colors before winter arrives. I must say though I do enjoy the winter trees with their limbs and trunks exposed. You can get the look and feel of their strength and resiliency. I don't even mind the cold as long as the sun is shining.

Speaking of cold....I have to make new rice bags this year as I mine have been heated just about as much as they can stand. I can't get through the cold without them. If I'm sitting still for any length of time, which isn't often, I have one on my lap and one behind the small of my back. I sleep with two at my feet at night. When the nights get really cold I drag out the electric blanket but still start out with a bag at my feet.

Sweet Man needs an opinion so will sign off for now. Hope you're having a lovely day wherever you are.

No comments: