Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Enrichment Night


Last night was Enrichment meeting and we had a nice turnout. Anna demonstrated how to make poinsettia napkin rings made out of felt. There was no sewing involved so putting it together was quick and simple. The rings are pretty and inexpensive to make. As you can see I chose pink and white, others were the traditional green and red which were quite lovely.
Peg demonstrated how to make mice out of maraschino cherries (with stem), chocolate kisses and chocolate chips for ears. They were darling. I'm not too 'crafty' as some of our good sisters are and mine turned out to look more like a little chubby hedgehog.
Somewhere on the way home my little cutey lost an eye so now he's my little one-eyed-hedgehog. I'm saving him for my honey when he gets in off the road. Patch, as I have now named him, is at eye level in the fridge and will be giving my honey the 'eye' when he opens the door.
Peg also showed us a witch's hat made with a Bugle corn chip and a cookie for the base, and a pilgrim hat which sat on a cookie base and used an inverted peanut butter cup for the crown and frosting around that to hold in place. They were so cute. I didn't attempt any of those...I was afraid of what I could do to them. SMILE....


No comments: